The Holidays are here and the hustle and bustle has begun. Be sure to take a few minutes for yourself. I'm making this newsletter as brief as possible. Just wanted to quickly share a new yarn, a new sale and a sweet pattern! Be safe, and have a happy holiday! Angelika & Henry
Portland Center Plaza
1975 SW 1st Ave, Ste L
(Cross streets SW Harrison and SW Lincoln)
Portland, Oregon 97201
Black Friday through Cyber Monday Specials
- For Our Internet Customers:
- FREE SHIPPING from now until the end of "Cyber Monday" on yarn and needles (December 2nd)
- Priority Handling is still available for rushed processing.
- For Our Local Walk-Ins:
- 15% off all yarn and needle purchases on Black Friday (November 29),
Saturday and Cyber Monday (December 2nd) when you bring in the first page of this newsletter!
Tues - Wed 10AM - 6PM (closed Thanksgiving Day)
Mon, Fri & Sat 10AM - 5PM
NEW YARN ANNOUNCEMENT
Cascade Avalon 50% Acrylic/50% Cotton Yarn
This shawlette is done in a different yarn, but will make up really cute in Avalon!
- Avalon is a worsted weight, cotton-acrylic blend yarn that is machine washable. It has a soft hand and drapes very nicely. I've done a knitted swatch and a crochet swatch. I'm quite partial to the crochet swatch. Ideal for summer tops, short sleeve cardigans and perfect for baby garments and baby blankets. And the price is very very sweet!
- 50% Acrylic/50% Cotton Yarn
- 175 yds (160 m) - 100 g (3.5 oz)
- 16 - 18 sts = 4" (10cm) US 7 - 8 (4.5 - 5.0 mm)
- Machine Wash Cool, Tumble Dry Low
- Suggested knitting machine: Mid-Guage LK150
- See all the colors here!
Lorna's Laces Sock Yarn SALE!!
Our 215yd hanks are slashed to $8.79!
These will go fast, so see what you can grab!!
Lorna's Lacese Shepherd Sock Yarn Sale
Knitalong and Crochetalong
Attention all knitters, crocheters, Portland, Oregon yarn shop fans, folks coming to the 2014 Rose City Yarn Crawl, and anyone who likes a good mystery-along!
We are excited to announce that, as a part of the 2014 Rose City Yarn Crawl, there will be both a Mystery Knitalong AND a Mystery Crochetalong. We’ve teamed up with two fabulous local designers, Michele Bernstein the knitter and Laurinda Redding the crocheter, and we couldn’t be happier with what they’ve come up with for us. Two very different and very Portland designs.
The Knitty (or Crochet-y) Gritty:
- Presales of patterns will begin on December 1st, giving you plenty of time for swatching, color choices, and requesting yarn for the holidays.
- Presales of patterns will be at http://www.ravelry.com/groups/rose-city-yarn-crawl
- Both alongs will begin in January 2014.
- Each 2014 RCYC participating shop will have their own recommended yarn, so make sure you hit your favorite Rose City LYS.
- Many shops will be hosting K/CAL nights, so, again, make sure you connect with YOUR LYS!
- We’ll be taking a group picture at the Wednesday night reception (more info to follow), so make sure to get your tickets!
- Oh, and did we mention PRIZES?!?!?! Yeah, we’ll have those, too.
So, get your needles and hooks polished, clear your calendar, and get ready to join in a Rose City Yarn Crawl Mystery this January! Final clues will be released with enough time to bind off, block and wear to the 2014 Rose City Yarn Crawl!
Chunky Fair Isle Cowl
Designed by Tanis Gray
Click here for a pdf version
3 Hanks Cascade Yarns 128 Superwash (3.5oz/100g ea approx. 128yds/117m, 100% Superwash
Merino wool) #893(A-Ruby), #815 (B-Black) and #1946 (C-Silver)
Size 10 24” Circular Knitting Needles
13 sts and 15 rows over 4” in Fair Isle pattern
Approximate Finished Size:
One Size Fits All Adult 24” Circumference x 9” High
*Knit 1 st in A, purl 1 st in B* repeat to end of round
With circular needles, cast on 80 sts with A, join into round.
Begin chart (chart repeats 4 times across each row).
Work corrugated rib for 5 rows.
Work chart through row 30.
Work corrugated rib for 5 rows.
Bind off loosely knitwise with A.
Weave in all loose ends with tapestry needle.
Thank you for your patronage and patience! Henry and I deeply appreciate all our customers. We look forward to seeing and hearing from you soon. 'Til the next newsletter . . . . happy yarning! Angelika